Improving Quality in HIV Prevention in Europe
Improve the effectiveness of HIV prevention initiatives in Europe by providing tools and technical assistance to implement quality improvement practices.
- Promote the routine inclusion of quality improvement practices into HIV prevention across Europe at the project, program and policy levels.
- Disseminate information on quality improvement practices that have been shown to enhance the effectiveness of HIV prevention at the project, program and policy levels.
- Develop and promote a core set of principles and standards for quality improvement in HIV prevention.
- Collect, develop, evaluate and disseminate practical models, approaches and tools for quality improvement for use in HIV prevention.
- Catalogue and disseminate information on relevant quality-assurance/improvement training, coaching and other supporting resources with a focus on HIV prevention in the European context.
- Organise training and capacity-building activities to support the uptake of effective models, approaches and tools for quality improvement in HIV prevention.
- Draft, adopt and disseminate a charter of standards and principles for quality improvement in HIV prevention. The process of drafting the charter shall be based on consultations and consensus building among key stakeholders.
- Build a website of approaches, methodologies and tools on quality improvement in HIV prevention.
- Develop an online tool to help HIV prevention programs and projects choose the most appropriate approach for their context.
- Build a network of organizations, trainers, coaches and consultants who can support programs and projects to choose and implement quality improvement.
- Collect input from HIV prevention projects, programs and policies related to their experiences regarding quality improvement and disseminate results, lessons and recommendations.
- Hold an annual meeting to present results of the group’s activities and plan future work.
- Develop a general presentation on quality improvement and promote its use in HIV prevention projects, programs and policies across Europe.
- Advocate for the inclusion of quality improvement to improve the effectiveness of HIV prevention programs and projects.
- Promote the publication of scientific articles on quality improvement in HIV prevention.
- Raise funds for the abovementioned activities as well as to provide subsidised support in quality improvement to programs and projects with limited means.